31 Aug 10 benefits of concrete pumping
Why go through the hassle of booking and waiting for a concrete pump? Isn’t it easier just to hire people to place concrete? Well, not really…
Concrete pumping by far outweighs the traditional method of placing concrete.
10 benefits of concrete pumping:
1. Concrete pumping is a faster and easier method to complete a project
2. Concrete pumping can reduce labour costs
3. It reduces site congestion as there are less construction workers
4. You can get concrete to high rising and far reaching places
5. Pumping of concrete is done before the concrete starts to set, improving concrete strength
6. Pipelines can travel wherever you want them to go
7. It provides a steady work pace, increasing productivity
8. Several pumps can pour simultaneously for larger projects
9. It is effective and economical for various sized projects, including residential and commercial
10. Concrete pumping has a large application, including foundations, slabs, columns, bridges and dams
Disadvantages of concrete pumping
While typing this blog post, I cannot help to wonder about the disadvantages of concrete pumping. As a concrete pumping company, it is easy to conveniently forget about the bad and focus only on the best of concrete pumping. I think (and I hope) it is just normal to only want to present people with the positive. Thinking about the disadvantages of concrete pumping, many of them are totally preventable and fixable. To name a few, there is always the possibility of a concrete pump breaking down. Having ready mixed concrete trucks queuing to deliver concrete, with a broken down concrete pump can be terrifying. The good news is that most of the time the breakdown is resolved within a few minutes.
Then there is always the risk of injury to construction workers and damage to property. Concrete pumps are heavy machinery and as a result, the chances of things going seriously wrong are quite good. Fortunately all concrete pump operators are highly trained. No person is allowed to drive or operate a concrete pump without proof of operator training. All crew members working on concrete pumps are also trained in general health and safety.
Lastly, the general availability of concrete pumps can be a disadvantage. During busy periods it is not always easy to find a concrete pump that is available. Good idea to start booking concrete pumps way in advance, especially before holiday periods.
In conclusion, concrete pumping by far outweighs manual concrete placing. I have named only 10 benefits of concrete pumping, but there are many many more. 🙂